Oooooo how I love a good cleaning day!

11/21/2010 06:09:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

I LOVE to clean my house, but I have A LOT of house to clean and so I have to make it as easy as possible (and quick too!) So I have one of those AMAZING cleaning caddys! I got mine at Target for 9 bucks and it has a spot to hold your paper towel roll (and a slit to for easy dispensing!). I thought I would share with you what is IN my caddy that I take around with me that makes cleaning a breeze!


OK so the things IN the caddy are Febreeze Allergen Reducer, Spray Bleach, White Vinegar Water in a store bought Spray Bottle, Rubber Gloves, Dust Spray, toothbrush, eye makeup remover,a small broom and dustpan, and rags.
I spray the Febreeze on curtains and carpets to help keep the allergens down in my house, especially in the spring!
The spray bleach is for bathroom surfaces like sinks, counters, tubs, and the BACK and BOTTOM of the toilet, NOT inside...more on that later =)
The vinegar water mix is what I was all my windows and metal surfaces with.  It leaves a streak free shine and has no chemicals so it's safe to use around the kids. It just stinks for a bit ;)
The Rubber Gloves is for gross things I come across.  I have boys and a husband so I sometimes never know what I am getting myself into when I am cleaning!
Dust spray is obvious lol. And safe for all my wood items since I got it WITH my wood furniture at the furniture store itself.
The toothbrush is for the surfaces/areas you need a little extra scrubbing help with!
The eye makeup remover is GREAT for those sticky surfaces you tend to find that kids leave behind...and it's a lot safer to use than all the other chemical based products. I LOVE IT! I also use the toothbrush with the remover on the inside top part of my washer to get away the gunk that tends to build up.
The broom and dustpan...also an obvious one. My bathrooms are easier for me to sweep that way than drag the dang broom around the house.  I also mop my floors on hands and knees!
The stuff NOT in the caddy:
Lysol toilet boil cleaner- I get these at Costco in a pack of 4.  I have 3 bathrooms so this way I can keep one in each bathroom and have one extra so when 1 runs out.  I love this system because I only have to buy them once every 6 months or so.
The bleach wipes are for surfaces that are REALLY germy/gross.  This way I am not putting all those germs into my rag I am using.  So like the toilet seat and handle, light switches, doorknobs, etc.  With kids I try to keep my house as germ-free as possible.  Especially during flu and cold season.  I try not to use them that much because I like to be as green as possible, but I am also a SAHM of 3 boys so I need to make things easy as well.  These are also great for when my kids go potty and have an accident on the floor...its a quick sanitize for the area they messed =)
The bottle on the far right is Armstrong floor cleaner.  My mom got me hooked on this after I kept complaining about how every product left my floors sticky and residuey no matter how little/much of it I used.  It smells great, you don't need much, and it REALLY gets the job done!


Now you know what I use, but WHEN do I use it?  Well I was SOOO tired of being overwhelmed with cleaning on top of daily stuff on top of all that stuff you have to do once a month, so I made a chart! Here is my example for September.  Somehow though I end up doing laundry EVERY DAY, but on those designated days is when I end up putting it all away lol!

Well, I hope that this helps!  If you have any questions, you know where I will be (probably cleaning!)

Jocelyn

I love hearing from you!