Pushing through is more rewarding than giving up!

11/10/2010 01:48:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

So there has been a forum thread (on Sparkpeople.com) in regards to Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workout DVD. I have owned it for over a year now and the first time (and only time might I add) that I had tried it, it almost killed me...and I only did the first FIVE minutes! Granted I was having some serious health problems, but it was still a blow. I was SO discouraged that I never picked it up again. In fact I let my mother borrow it and a part of me hoped she wouldn't give it back so that I would never have to face Jillian again! Well, my mom DID give it back and it just sat between Leslie Sanson Walk Away the Pounds and Dance It Off workout. Shortly after my failed attempted of this butt kicking workout, my husband and I got pregnant (why do we humans always say WE got pregnant...I am pretty sure it was ME carrying the baby...but anyways) and therefore I couldn't even get off the couch I was so tired and sick. I am 7 weeks postpartum and after reading how everyone else was mastering Miss Jillian, I thought, hey what the heck, kick my butt again. I would have been happy with doing 6 minutes (one minute longer than the first time!). But I didn't do six minutes...I DID THE ENTIRE 20 MINUTES! All of Level One with NO stopping, NO dying, NO puking...but I did sweat more than I ever have in my life. I am so beyond proud of myself that I have to tell you...the reward of pushing myself to finish was much greater than the reward of not keeling over when I stopped. You CAN do it, you just have to put your mind to it and push through! YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Jocelyn

I love hearing from you!