Deliciousness!

11/03/2010 11:00:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

Out of all the things on my wish list, I finally got one! It is the most beautiful thing in my house. Other than my children, of course. A 5qt Kitchenaid Mixer! I wish I could take the credit for it's new permanent address, but the reality is SO much better. My MIL bought it for me for a birthday/wedding anniversary/Christmas present, and it is the most BRILLIANT idea to do so. I have all these cooking and baking dreams stirring inside screaming at me. Yesterday was a wonderful day to try and muffle the screaming because we celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday. With Aaron leaving today (at an UNGODLY hour of morning might I add) and him being gone for 60 days I wanted to try and give him a nice going away gift, and I thought celebrating a holiday he would otherwise miss would be great. Thank you mixer for assisting me with a pumpkin pie (my first pumpkin pie too!!!), snickerdoodles for Aaron to take to work with him, and of course, you cannot have Thanksgiving without mashed potatoes. Now I need one of those ovens with two sections so I can bake/cook even MORE! In any case, the snickerdoodles were the best I have ever made! It was a delicious and easy recipe. So I thought I would share!

I got these off of MarthaStewart.com

Makes 4 dozen

  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup pure vegetable shortening
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar, plus more if needed
  • 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, plus more if needed
  • 2 large eggs

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, with one rack in top third and one rack in bottom third of oven. Line baking sheets with Silpat baking mats or parchment paper; set aside.
  2. Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter, shortening, and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs, and beat to combine. Add dry ingredients, and beat to combine.
  3. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the ground cinnamon. Use a small (1 1/4-ounce) ice-cream scoop to form balls of the dough, and roll in cinnamon sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until the cookies are set in center and begin to crack (they will not brown), about 10 minutes, rotating the baking sheets after 5 minutes. Transfer the sheets to a wire rack to cool about 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to the rack. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.


Read more at Marthastewart.com: Snickerdoodles - Martha Stewart Recipes


So there you have it. Yumminess in smaller form.

Now to get the children dressed and attempt to take their pictures....sigh.

Have a good one!

Jocelyn

I love hearing from you!