Easy Shmeezy Neck Wraps

12/15/2010 06:10:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


I started making these neck wraps about a year ago, and while these pictures do not do it justice (would LOVE a professional camera-but that won't happen for awhile) they are still cute in my book.

Go to your local fabric store like JoAnnes and find the section of PRECUT quilt squares.  Only get cotton materials and avoid fabrics like fleece and velvet as they do not do well in the microwave.

I love these because they come in all sorts of pretty patterns and you don't need to measure!

Take your favorite one (or all) and fold it lengthwise with the pattern facing inward like so:
At the fold, with fabric scissors cut upward as straight as you can. I never get it perfect and it doesn't have to be.

Take one half and set aside. With the other half, again fold in half lengthwise, pattern facing inward.  I suggest a sewing machine to sew these but I have done them by hand before. They just take longer. Sew from the bottom, up the side, and to the top but leaving about an inch unsewn like this:
So as you are looking at it, it is inside out so you want to, through the hole, turn it right side out like how it is in the picture above.  Take the unsewn corner and fold it over and down so the top resembles a triangle like this:
Where my finger is is a good place to put a button so that it is holding piece down. So you would put the hole where my finger is and underneath on the not-folded piece of material you would sew the button. The reason I do this is because I use these wraps ALL the time when I am sick and with this button I can empty out the rice to refill it for different scents and wash the material.  If you want you can just sew the hole up entirely.  I put mine in the microwave for no more than 1 minute otherwise it will get to hot and your button can melt.

These make great gifts, they are easy to make, and they are from the heart. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

I love hearing from you!