I just HAVE to tell you my NEW love!

12/01/2010 06:31:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

So I went to my in laws for 4 days for the Thanksgiving holiday.  On Saturday night I decided to make a left-over turkey pot pie (they smoke there turkey too...so that alone is mouth-watering).  Well, after 20 minutes of searching the kitchen for all the tools I needed (they were at a wedding so I couldn't ask questions) I started my pot pie.  Now, a little back story...I have a HUGE problem with rolling pins.  I have a wooden rolling pin that I have used for 2 years and this sucker refuses to season.  No matter what you do, it sticks to EVERYTHING.  After ruining many-o pie crusts and cookie rollouts I gave in and bought another one.  This one was one from target and has that no stick surface. Well. It sucked and stuck.  No matter WHAT I did.  Now I watched my mom baking as I grew up so I know the little tricks of the trade for these issues but NOTHING worked.  Now, back to present, er Saturday.  I pull out my MIL's rolling pin, which btw weighs at LEAST 10 pounds, and I start rolling my crust expecting, like usual, for it to stick, for me to fight, curse, and ten minutes later FINALLY get it in the dish. But...NO STICK. Seriously. I didn't do a darn thing and this pin just went at it like crazy. What was the pin you say?
Marble Rolling Pin!














Now I cannot tell you the EXACT brand of her rolling pin because she got it as a wedding gift a gazillion years ago...but I CAN tell you from my research that the marble is the key element.  She hasn't seasoned it, and she really only bakes for holidays as she works 12 hour days.  I'm SO in love that I am going to use some of my Swagbucks Search & Win to buy some Amazon gift cards to buy this sucker. So I will be getting it for free since I have 4300 SBs and that buys more than enough $5 gift cards since they cost only 450 SB's! BRILLIANT!

I love hearing from you!