To Fly

7/20/2009 01:35:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-



I lay my head down on the grass
To get a better view of the sky
I watch the clouds float aimlessly
And wonder what it would be like to fly
To watch the world
While I soar with grace
Feeling the wind carry me
Closing my eyes to embrace
To be able to see
What the bald eagle sees
Hold out my hands
And drift with ease
Feel my chest pause
Because my breath I am holding
I feel the rays of sunshine
As my future is unfolding
I open my eyes
And blink once or twice
Pondering my fantasy
And how it seems oh so nice
Just then without warning
I feel like I'm afloat
I can't move my body
I have a lump in my throat
I hear a tiny voice
A whisper calling my name
I feel a force upon me
Gone as quick as it came...
I suddenly realize
As I stared down below
That my body still lay in the grass
In the midst of quite a show...
I hear the voice in my ear again
Telling me I'm free again
My body may be without life
But my soul
My soul
Is free again....

I love hearing from you!